Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Sophia's Story

Sophia is 16 years old and has been at Karen C for one year.  Before that she was at St Andrews.  “I changed because of family problems.  I mostly like it at this school” she laughs.  “I started Girl Power in Form one and am still in it now.  I have learnt how important it is to be a part of your community and to give back. I would like to keep helping the community in the future”.

“I would like to be an architect.  I love buildings and design, I always have. My favourite subject at school is Physics and then English.  I would like to study architecture in Dubai and then live there”.

“I live with my guardian.  My parents passed away when I was a kid.   I have two brothers, we are triplets! One of my brothers is at St Christopher’s International School, while the other one is going to have an operation.  My brothers live with my guardians too, we all like it there.”

Sophia switches back to discuss Girl Power.  “I like that we get the chance to talk through Girl Power.  We play sports, mainly football, which isn’t my favourite but I am still good at it. I think Girl Power made a change in me, I feel more confident”.  Glad to hear it Sophia!

Written by Hannah Collins, volunteer at Girl Power
Approved by Dr Liz Odera, Director at Sadili Oval Sports Academy

No comments: