Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Louise's Story



“My name is Louise and I am 17.  I am in Form Three” Louise starts.  “I want to play football when I finish school.  I want to be a professional football player. I want to play overseas. I already play sport at a high level here and get to travel for tournaments.  They have training here in the schools”.

“I have been part of Girl Power for two years.   I learnt how to take care of myself, about the importance of studying and how to overcome challenges. I feel more confident to overcome challenges now.  I would like to keep helping girls.

“I live with my parents, we our family has six children.  I am the eldest – it means I am in charge!” she laughs.  “Every weekend, I like to practice football and also do some homework”

Written by Hannah Collins, volunteer at Girl Power
Approved by Dr Liz, Director at Sadili Oval

No comments: