Saturday, September 12, 2015

Quick Bytes!


#62
NAME: CATHERINE ADHIAMBO
SCHOOL: KAREN ''C''SECONDARY SCHOOL
AGE: 16 YEARS
FORM: 2 RED
CONTACT: 0786 433 185

GP: How has your been?
Catherine: My year was fine and great
GP: How did you spend your holidays?
Catherine: I spent my holiday well I did not misbehave. Actually I enjoyed the holiday so much
GP: What challenge did you face and did you overcome them?
Catherine: I did not face any challenge and if I had I would seek for advice and counselling
GP: What do you plan to do over December?
Catherine: I plan to move to another country and relax
GP: If you had a Girl Power Office in Kibera, what would you use it for?
Catherine: I would use it for counciling the girls who have problems, been raped and kidnapped.

# 63
NAME: EMILY ACHIENG'
SCHOOL: KAREN ''C'' SECONDARY SCHOOL
CLASS: FORM 3
AGE: 18 YEARS
CONTACT: 0702 407 2 08
FB: EMILIAN JAMILIAN

My year has been great despite some challenges here and there but i thank the almighty God for bringing me this far. I have learnt and experienced a lot both from school and at home. This year i have learnt to be humble and obedient.
I plan to visit my whole family including my and help them in different kind of jobs at any particular place.
There are alot of dangers; peer pressure, pregnancy and idleness during their leisure time. You can only overcome them by knowing your destiny, your identity and following your goals in life and keeping from bad company.
If we had a girl power office in Kibera it would help many girls who feel so discouraged by life and tend to give up. It will also help them to realise that they are important despite their situations and help them appreciate themselves.

# 64
NAME: SARAH NYAMBURA
AGE: 19 YEARS
CLASS: FORM 3
SCHOOL: KAREN ''C'' SECONDARY SCHOOL
CONTACT: 0706 499 877
 Upto this moment, my term has been good. This is in terms of academics. I have not faced many challenges in my education. On the other hand, there had been challenges from the evnvironment around the school. A good example i sthings to do with other students and this is because one has to try and coop with people of different characters.
 Being in a day school and especially mixed is too challenging since people have differernt motives. Mostly peer pressure is the greatest fear. This has challenged me very much because sometimes i am forced to do what freinds are doing just to be inthe same boat. I have tried to overcome such challenges thruough making firm decisions of not being swayed by people's opinoions and having my goals. Aslo by trying to choose the right group of peers to walk and  work with.
As we are coming to the end of the term, i am planning to do different things.  First i would revise all the past papers and try to work on my weak areas and try to write all the the notes thta i have not completed. Then i would visit freinds and relatives especially those in up country and help in doing house chores when i am not doing my studies.
Challenges out there are drug abuse. Many young people involve themselves in such things and end up being school drop outs because drugs reign ther lives. Rape cases are also common as young girls are raped mostly by people older than them. Forced labour where young girls are forced to work and perform tasks beyond their ability and strength.
If we had an office in Kibera i would do many things. This inculdes encouraging the girls there to work hard in their lives so as to have bright future ahead. Eduacting girls on how they can take care of their bodies till the right time. I would also hold campaigns against cases like rape, abortionand child abuse. Apart from that i can help girl sto get equal education such as that of boys so as to help them to defend their rights as a girl child.

# 65
NAME: CATHERINE NJOROGE
AGE: 16 YEARS
FORM: 2
SCHOOL: KAREN ''C''' SECONDARY SCHOOL
CONTACT: 0713 012 686

This has been such a year, I'm sure iIwill remember it with great memories. A year of of success, experices, challenges and wise decisions. I developed positive attitudes towards new subjects, teachers and also  life...i learnt that we should try to make the world a better place at least not to leave it the way we found it...
August holiday was such a blessed holiday, full of activities and great re-unions of old pals and family members. I participated in community work in our home area like planting trees cleaning the environment and educating the youth.
We all face challenges in our day to day life but we always  search for wise  ways to overcome them. During the holiday there wasn't so much challenges but i can say making the right decisions in life is quite a challenge to some of us. Mostly when it comes to decisions about starting relationships with your own classmates. Its kind of awkward but hearing and seeing experiences from friends and family i can say a wise answer was found.
A long holiday ahead of me, long and lasting plans are made already. First, i am planning to have a girls treat with my old friends, talk all the challenges we face in high school,new improvement in life, what are our plans when we clear high school and such....build up girls esteem in some of the girls in the area.
Girl Power Office in Kibera....first, i'll make sure am always attending to those girls found in Kibera attentively; listen to their secrets they have hidden for centuries and learn to cope with. Some girls are neglected and discriminated against the right to education so i will at least making sure of enrolling some to high or primary school to attain that knowlegde so that they can learn how to use the available resources to survive and achieve their goals in life and make Kibera a better place some day..........

No comments: