Monday, July 22, 2013

Veronica's Story

Veronica is 14 and goes to St Michael’s Holy Unity school.  She is attending Sadili for the Coaches Across Continents soccer clinic. “I have been in Girl Power almost one year.  I have learnt how girls should stay in Kibera and the way a girl can be clean, to know herself and to appreciate how she is.  I have learnt how if I go outside of the school I can teach other girls, my friends.  Even in school I have been teaching them.  There are some girls in the school who are not in Girl Power but they are here today, they are playing. It is good”.
School plays a big part in Veronica’s life. “It’s not hard to go to school, I love school.  My favourite subject is maths.  I like it because with maths you will use it with every  work you will do in the future”.  Very true!
 “My family are just good.  Girl Power is good.  They have teach me a lot. I and my sister in this school, when we joined this school, the teacher told us to join this group so we joined it and now we know a lot.  Even people will join us when we are discussing at school”.  Keep up the great work Veronica!
Written by Hannah Collins, volunteer at Girl Power
Approved by Dr Liz Odera, Director at Sadili Oval Sports Academy

No comments: