Friday, July 12, 2013

Mercline's Story



“My name is Mercline and I am in grade 8.  I am 13 years old.  I would like to say about my story. According to my family it is hard to get school fees and since I started my school I just started by learning. I also chose to play tennis because I play tennis in order for it to improve my future so that I can help my parents and if for example if I don’t have anything, they (Sadili / Girl Power) can help me so I can get what I need”.

“My dad does juakali, my dad used to work with those iron sheets.  If he sells them, he gets money in order for him to help us.  My mum makes stones for cooking.  I would like to be in secondary next year, form one, so that I can remove some stress related to my parents.  When we all sit at home we are not happy because they are just quarrelling or they not talking to one another”.

“I would like to say that in our home it is hard to get some things.  It is hard to get school fees to pay for school.  It is hard to get food.  It is hard for my parents to get money, for them to provide us with what we need.  I would like to tell you so that you may help me so that I can get education and learn how to protect myself and my family”.

Written by Hannah Collins, volunteer at Girl Power
Approved by Dr Liz Odera, Director at Sadili Oval Sports Academy

No comments: