Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Ephy's Story

Ephy is 10 years old and goes to St Michael’s Holy Unity school. “I live with my mum and dad.  I have three brothers.  One who is 8, and there is another one 6 years old and another one six months old.  I’ve been in Girl Power since January. I like it.  We have learnt that you should always respect yourself”.
She goes on to talk about the sports that Girl Power promotes. “Yes I like the sports.  Volleyball is my favourite. Swahili is my favourite subject at school because I always pass” she laughs. Anything more you want to say Ephy? “Yes, I would like to talk about Girl Power.  We always practice how to play and work.  We play with other schools and we win.  It makes me feel happy”.  Great!
Written by Hannah Collins, volunteer at Girl Power
Approved by Dr. Liz Odera, Director at Sadili Oval Sports Academy

No comments: