Thursday, May 23, 2013

Preckcydis's Story

Preckcydis has just two more years of primary school at Nazarene to go. High school is definitely on her agenda. “I want to be a doctor when I finish school.  I would like to treat people so that they would not be sick and I don’t like to see people die.  I like to play football and be involved with people, and telling jokes.  I like to paint but sometimes I can paint bad or sometimes I can paint good.  I do not know”.

“Girl Power has helped me to know more about football and how I can live and how a girl can protect herself from dangers.  Dangers we face are things like rapes, kidnap”

“I live in Kibera, just down there.  It takes me 20 minutes to reach home from school.  I live with my father.  My mother died in 2005 when I was still little.  I have one brother, who is in form four.  He is finishing his study this year and next year he is going to University”.  We wish you luck achieving your own university dreams Preckcydis!

Preckcydis is pictured on the left with two of her friends.

Written by Hannah Collins, volunteer at Girl Power
Approved by Dr Liz Odera, Director at Sadili Oval Sports Academy

No comments: