Monday, October 8, 2012

My Holiday Plans #8 #9 #10


#8
SCHOOL : ST. MICHAELS HOLY
NAME: Monicah Anyango.
AGE: 13 years
CLASS: Class 7

GP :How has your year been?
Monicah: My year is good all time.
GP: What do you like doing?
Monicah: I like playing football and volleyball.
GP :What do you plan to do over the holidays?
Monicah: I plan to help my parents.
GP: What are some of the dangers you face during holidays?
Monicah: Rape.
GP: How do you plan to overcome such dangers?
Monicah: I plan to run away and be around people who can help me.
GP: What would you like to be/do in the future?
Monicah: I am not sure, I’m still trying to survive the present.

#9
NAME: ARNNETTE ANYANGO
AGE: 15
SCHOOL: NAZARENE SELF HELP SCHOOL
CLASS: 8

GP: What have you learnt this year?
Arnnette: This year that girls should stand by their words and be strong.
GP: What would you wish to see in Girl Power?
Arnnette: I want to see a lot of more including educating girls to live a good life.
GP: What do you plan to do this holiday?
Arnnette: I plan to educate my neighbours about the importance of being in Girl Power Club and how to respect themselves.
GP:What are some of the challenges girls face over long Christmas holidays?
Arnnette: Rape and Child abuse.
GP: How do you plan to overcome them?
Arnnette: By avoiding walking with bad people and controlling my emotions.
GP: We now have a Girl Power Office  in Kibera, what would you like to do with it?
Arnnette: I would help a lot of people in the Kibera community especially girls.

#10
GIRL POWER CLUB.
NAME: BAZIR ADHIAMBO
SCHOOL: ST MICHAELS HOLY UNITY.

My name is Bazir Adhiambo. I am fourteen years old. I am in Class Eight. My year has been good because I was really affected in playing football. Since I joined Girl Power Club I learnt a lot of very good things. First, I learnt what is football. I plan to come to only teams that know Girl Power well know how to play football. Some girls you can get that they are pregnant because of peer pressure and others are abusing drugs.
I want to overcome the dangers by telling girls to be serious with their lives. I ask them to break bad company in the slums.  
I plan to work hard so that I can be a pilot in the future. Not because of their uniform, but their work and how they do it.
I like Girl Power Club really much.

No comments: